- 2 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup water or milk of choice
- 1 packet or 2 1/2 tsp of dry active rapid rise yeast
- 3 T oil
- 2 T sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp guar
- 2 tsp powdered pectin
Directions Bake at 350 for about 18-20 minutes
- Heat liquid to 110 degrees. Add yeast and sugar. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes to start foaming.
- Combine flour and salt. Mix thoroughly
- Pour yeast and oil into mixture and mix well. Batter will be thin. Keep mixing by hand another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in gum and pectin while stirring constantly. Batter will begin to thicken up almost immediately. Keep stirring another 3-5 minutes. Cover bowl and allow to rise about 25 minutes in a warm place.
- Deflate dough. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease entire sheet with oil. Grease hands and scoop out a large handful. Shape into a softball size bun and gently place on baking sheet. Repeat until batter is all gone. Gently grease the tops and place plastic wrap on top while the buns rise for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Bake at 350 until golden brown on the tops and the center reaches 190-200 degrees internally. (Note: The center may still appear to be sticky on the end of the thermometer. If the temperature is correct they really are done. The pectin helps to retain moisture.)
Buns are best enjoy the first day but freeze extremely well. I also left a few out for about 6 days and they were still moist and chewy. Just warm them up in the microwave for 20-30 seconds and they come back to life.