Dutch Oven Chicken
8 chicken breasts, deboned
6 tablespoons peanut oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons thyme
salt and pepper
8 slices bacon
8 slices cheese
Combine oil, lemon juice, thyme and mix well. Spoon over breasts. Place in 350 degree F heated Dutch oven. Bake 30 minutes. Open foil and place one slice bacon, cheese over each breast. Bake open for 3 to 5 minutes Remove from foil and place on serving platter.
Reduce Stress 5 Ways
Ways that I have found to reduce stress in my life and maybe yours too.
1. Take charge of your thoughts by identifying the sources of your stress. Don’t blame others, deal with it yourself and move on…I got this tip from reading The Modern Woman’s Guide To A Stress-Free Lifestyle
2. Watch how much sleep you are getting. Don’t get too much or too little sleep is the key.
3. Yoga is my all time favorite technique to use. Breathing and stretching are so healthy that it makes me feel good inside for a very long time. Try it you might like it like me!
4. Slow down and decompress your thoughts by laughing out loud or sing along with the radio.
5. My last but not least, light a candle and take a hot bath!
USAGE OF ALOE VERA
The aloe vera plant is a succulent that usually grows without a stem and has thick, green fleshy leaves that can grow as high as 2 or 3 feet.
1. Aloe produces two substances, gel, and latex. Aloe gel is the clear, jelly-like substance found in the leaves. Aloe latex is yellow and comes from under the plants skin.
2. Aloe gel can be consumed and may serve as a treatment for osteoarthritis, diabetes and treat the effects of radiation therapy. It can also be heated, along with water, and inhaled as a vapor for a treatment of asthma.
3. Aloe gel is commonly used topically for psoriasis, sunburn, dry skin and frostbite.
4. Aloe latex has been used for many years in laxatives. This part of the aloe plant can be dangerous, even deadly if consumed in large doses.
5. Makeup remover: Aloe gel can be used as a makeup remover and can even replace your hair conditioner.
6. Sunburn remedy: Get an ice cube tray and fill it in with aloe gel and freeze. These aloe vera ice cubes are great after too much sun exposure, bug bites, poison ivy, and even psoriasis. They provide extra relief from pain, redness, inflammation or itching. Applying the cooling aloe vera cubes to the bug bites or sunburn is definitely a relaxing and soothing experience.
7. There is some scientific evidence that aloe is able to kill bacteria as well as speed wound healing.
8. Stretch marks: The healing and soothing properties of aloe vera are effective in getting rid of stretch marks. It will help in increasing cell growth that helps in the reduction of stretch marks. Apply pure aloe vera gel and massage it daily over the affected skin.
9. Bug bites : Aloe gel can be used to prevent itching from bug bites.
10. Dandruff remedy: Mix a tbsp of lemon juice with 2 tbsp of pure aloe vera gel and use it as a hair mask. Apply the mask to the roots of your hair and let it sit for 30mins before you rinse off.
Chili Lime Shrimp
I MADE THIS RECIPE BY Rasa Malaysia
Chili Lime Shrimp Recipe
Makes 10 skewers | Prep Time: 15 Mins | Cook Time: 10 Mins
1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp, tail-on
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves or parsley leaves, chopped finely
2 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1/2 tablespoon honey
Pinch of salt
Soak the bamboo skewers with cold water. Rinse the shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients of the Marinade together using a whisk. Add the shrimp to the Marinade, make sure to coat the shrimp evenly. Marinate for 30 minutes.
Fire up the grill and grill the shrimp until cooked and slightly charred on the surface. Serve immediately