- 1 egg white
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups cashews (I used roasted, salted cashews)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 270 F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Put the egg white in a small mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until the whites are frothy but not stiff. Blend in the honey, Sriracha and sea salt. Add the cashews and stir to coat all the nuts.
- Pour the cashews onto the baking sheet and sprinkle liberally with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 270 F. for 30 – 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until the cashews are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then transfer to an airtight container–or a tin or gift bag, if you are sharing these with a friend.
These nuts are not spicy, despite the Sriracha, and they are not very sweet either, despite the honey. They are just very tasty, with a nice crunch and a hint of sweet and spice.
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/