- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled or not – based on your preference, sliced
- 2-3 medium sized limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro (can also use parsley if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- To remove some of the bitterness/spiciness from the onions, place the onion slices in a bowl, sprinkle about ½ tablespoon of salt over the onions. Rub the salt in and then cover with water for a few minutes. Then drain and rinse the onions well.
- Place the sliced cucumbers, sliced onions, lime juice, chopped cilantro, and olive oil in a bowl.
- Mix well, taste and add salt as needed.
- Serve immediately or let rest refrigerated for at least 30 minutes before serving.