Sauteed Julienned Summer Vegetables
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz zucchini, cut into julienne strips (with a Mandolin)
- 8 oz yellow squash, cut into julienne strips (with a Mandoline)
- 4 oz (1 medium) carrot, cut into julienne strips (with a Mandoline)
- salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot add the oil, onions and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Increase heat to medium-high and add the remaining vegetables, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook about 1 minute. Give it a stir to mix everything around and cook another 1 to 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through yet firm. Adjust salt as needed and serve hot.